Gotland sheep photo's courtesy of AnFarra Farms
Gotland sheep have one of the most lustrous & silky fibers of any sheep breed. Gotland Gray wool does not discolour in sun exposure. Gotlands are a relatively small breed making them an ideal small farm livestock option. They are naturally hornless & short tailed. Gotlands are easy to lamb, have a high lambing rate, produce abundant milk and have strong mothering instincts. Gotland sheep are very inquisitive, making them an entertaining and people interactive breed to own. They are a hardy breed; adaptable to a variety of management systems. They are friendly, calm and there non-flighty manner makes Gotlands the perfect choice for children and families.
- Gotland wool; silky, lustrous, purling locks for spinning & a favourite wool of felters.
- Gotland pelt; prized world-wide.
- Gotland meat; mild, good flavoured and close-grained.
- Gotland sheep; robust, resilient, bright, active and friendly
Two Gotland registries in the USA
Characteristics of Gotland Sheep
General Appearance - Gotland sheep are a medium sized, solid grey coloured, luster long wool with clean head and legs.
Bold and alert appearance with fine bone and good breadth and depth of body.
Ears extend gracefully outwards.
165 - 190 lbs
Rams / Béliers
120 - 155 lbs
Ewes / Brebis
Lamb/Ewe Percentage / Pourcentage d’agnelage
Fleece / Qualité de la toison
Weight / Poids
Staple Length / Longueur de fibre
29 - 34
Micron Count / Micron
Gotland Sheep Breeders listing
- "AnFarra" Farms, Angie Nadon
- Bailieboro, ON
- Clausens Fibre Garden, Sue Clausen
- 5175 Siminoff Rd Grand Forks, BC V0H 1H4
- 250-444-5175 email@example.com
- Dover Farm, Veronica Verweij & John Doig
- 301502 Conc 2 SDR Hanover, ON N4N 3B8
- Riverside Farm, Jennifer Bowes & Trevor Hann
- Box 89 Brisco BC V0A 1B0
- 250-219-9443 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Whiskey Jack Farm, Chris & Michelle Pearson
If you wish to see your farm listed on this page, please contact us.