Tunis Sheep Breeders listing & info
The Tunis sheep originated from Tunisia in North Africa and was imported into the US in 1799.
The breed was popular in the south until almost eliminated during the Civil War.
The Tunis is medium sized with a red or tan face and legs, pendulous ears, no wool on the head and legs, polled and a medium sized fat tail.
They are fairly prolific, good mothers / milkers and produce a medium wool fleece.
Characteristics of Tunis Sheep
175 - 225 lbs
Rams / Béliers
130 - 160 lbs
Ewes / Brebis
Lamb/Ewe Percentage / Pourcentage d’agnelage
Fleece / Qualité de la toison
8 - 12 lbs
Weight / Poids
Staple Length / Longueur de fibre
26 - 31
Micron Count / Micron
Tunis sheep breeders listing
- Comfort Tunis, Mark & Bev Comfort, Scrapie certified flock
- 93 Empire Hanna Rd, Cardinal ON K0E 1E0
- 613-577-3263 email@example.com www.comforttunis.com
- GoodTimes Tunis, Andy Burrell & Donna Standring
- Ingleside, ON
- 613-662-4585 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hawk Hill Farm, Laurie Maus & Robert Garner
- 19014 County Rd 24, Dunvegan, ON K0C 1J0
- 613-527-1897 email@example.com www.hawkhillfarm.ca
If you wish to see your farm listed on this page, please contact us.