Doors Open Carleton Place
On Sept 16 & 17th CCWG is participating in the Doors Open Ontario.
Guided tours are available from 11:30am to 2pm of the wool grading facility and warehouse.
CCWG occupies what was once the round house and machine shops for the CPR. when used by the CPR from 1890-1939, as many as 200 men were employed in this building. It was a serious loss to the town when the whole operation was moved to Smiths Falls, ON in 1939.
In the fall of 1940, the round house was once again open when the 'wool growers' moved in. After a massive clean up CCWG was in business.